Friday 29 January 2016

Kieran Holden - Minotaur Sound DJ interview!

It's time for another Minotaur Sound DJ interview! This time featuring the super talented Kieran Holden.

Minotaur Sound: " So Kieran, what are your biggest musical influences?"


Kieran H: "'A Love from Outerspace' certainly re-ignited my interest in dance music, it's such a great melting pot. I think the best DJ set that I've heard in a while had to be Paramida at the Masked Ball in Flambards Amusement Park, lovely stuff in a great setting too.

Labels like Emotional Response, Optimo, Tusk Was, Throne Of Blood, Tici Taci and that's sorts of business never leave the bag.


Also hearing some of my tracks getting a play from some personal heroes like Bill Brewster / Andy Weatherall / Justin Robertson and Ewan Pearson is a massive shot in the arm. Makes you want to produce more".


Minotaur Sound: "Just wow, you had us at 'A love from Outerspace!'... So tell us a lesser known fact about yourself"


Kieran H: "Bernie, the Bassist out of The Holles taught me how to play bass when I was a kid, and I've still got his old Rickenbacker bass. Still my only bass and I love it. I let him borrow it for use in this 1975 TV special - which you can view here.


We give you Kieran Holden...Kieran is part of the Upstairs Downstairs DJ collective in Newquay. With releases on Tici Taci and Alfresco Disco and a remix for Nein Records, his production credentials are flawless. See and hear Kieran in deck action at our launch night!