Friday 24 November 2017

Beast interviews Lee Williams...again!

The Beast was overjoyed once more to get Lee Williams our very own resident DJ and rising star back on the line up again. He supported Denis Horvat at the last gig in May this year at Lakota and has a new release ‘Afterglow’ on the Bedrock label. His own club night Terminal in Bournemouth is one of the most talked about techno and deep house nights in the UK. He’s moved to Bristol and studies music production at DBS. You’ll notice him appearing on plenty of the best known Bristol and UK line-ups – he is one to watch!

Beast and crew wanted to find out more about his new move to Bristol and his rising (and well deserved) music standing in the city…

Lee Williams at Glitch & Minotaur on 23/11
“I feel very fortunate to be getting a good few gigs in Bristol considering I haven't been here very long. I have met and played alongside some lovely and super talented people. Having my Minotaur residency is a solid base for me here in Bristol and am very happy to be involved with the brand/event. Ultimately I want to be able to spend all my time working on music and to be able to travel the world playing and producing music.”

So what else does Lee do in his spare time we ask?

“Aside the music I love going climbing, running and Thai Boxing although I am yet to join a Gym in Bristol. I also have a strong interest in photography and art. I’m currently in my second year at DBS Bristol studying a Degree in Electronic Music Production.”

Is there anything that Lee doesn’t do?! As well as an action man he's also a top bloke and all round lovely chap who would give the shirt of his own back if his friends needed it.

Beast asks Lee about the upcoming Minotaur Sound night at The Island – so much excitement and energy will be poured in this one.

“I’m really looking forward to the next Minotaur event. The last one at Lakota was off the scale. I have played many parties over the years and that was one of my most memorable.
I think that the reason Minotaur is so special is because The Beast runs it with a real love and passion. Every small detail is looked after and there is a great team of people behind the event that all contribute with their areas of specialty. This is a great basis of a night in my opinion – I can’t wait!”


Catch a little taster of Lee in the second half of this mix – it’s an excerpt played at Glitch on 23/11. The first half is DJ Tina Hart, another utter talented and all round amazing DJ who will headline our Police Cell on Saturday 25/11. They will be joined by Much Maligned, Sarah Air, Thomas and Illy Noize – let it be known that the pulsating excitement of The Beast is running at an all-time high.

Lee's latest Minotaur promo mix can also be found here - such musical goodness to be had.
See you on the dance floor x